Cucumbers are extremely beneficial for overall health, especially during the summer since they are mostly made of water and important nutrients that are essential for the human body. The flesh of cucumbers is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and folic acid, while the hard skin is rich in fibre and a range of minerals including magnesium, molybdenum, and potassium. Additionally, cucumber contains silica, a trace mineral that contributes greatly to strengthening our connective tissues. They are known to heal many skin problems, under eye swelling, and sunburn. Cucumbers also contain ascorbic and caffeic acids which prevent water loss, therefore they are frequently applied topically to burns and dermatitis.
You can very well consume cucumber directly and also in the form of juice!
Below highlighted are the benefits that Cucumber juice offers:
- Cucumber juice does not contain any sodium. It is also a natural diuretic. That is, drinking cucumber juice will flush out excess water, toxins and fat cells from the body. Fluid retention is one of the major causes of bloating and cucumber juice can help in getting rid of that.
- Drinking cucumber juice helps charge up your metabolism. This means that your food gets digested easily and is absorbed well by your system leading to a more energetic you.
- Cucumber juice by itself does not have any fat. So you can drink it up all you want without worrying about your waist. Make a juice first thing in the morning, with some mint and a dash of lime and keep sipping on it through the day.
- Drinking cucumber juice will keep you feeling fresh and bouncy and naturally inclined to avoid fatty foods since your body starts responding to this powerful drink.
- Not just flushing out toxins and boosting metabolism, cucumber juice is also rich in potassium, magnesium and silica. Overall, it is a great supplement to get these minerals in your diet. Daily consumption of cucumber juice is said to cure chronic constipation.