1. 250 gms (approx. 1/2 lb) Bhindi (Ladies Finger/Okra)
2. 1 medium Tomato, cut into halves and sliced lengthwise
3. 1 Green Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4. 2 teaspoons crushed Ginger-Garlic
5. 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
6. 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon Oil
7. 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
1. 3 tablespoons Gram Flour (Besan), roasted
2. 1 tablespoon grated Dry Coconut
3. 2 tablespoons Groundnuts
4. 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
5. 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
6. 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
7. 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
8. 1 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder or Lemon Juice
10. 1 tablespoon Oil
Directions for Stuffing:
1. Roast groundnuts in a kadai (pan) for 3-4 minutes over a medium flame while stirring continuously. Turn off the flame and let them cool for 2-3 minutes. Crush them coarsely in the jar of a mixer grinder and transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Dry roast gram flour in a kadai (pan) until light brown and nice aroma starts to come (approx. 4 to 5 minutes over low flame), stirring continuously. Transfer it to the same bowl having groundnuts in it.
3. Add dry coconut, crushed groundnut, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, 1 tablespoon oil and salt in the same bowl. Mix all ingredients well. Stuffing for bhindi is ready. Keep it aside until needed in later steps.
Directions for Preparing Stuffed Bhindi:
1. Cut top and tail of all bhindis and slit them lengthwise (longer side). Do not cut it into two long halves. Take each bhindi and stuff it with approx. 1/2 to 1 teaspoon prepared to stuff.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy-based or non-stick pan over medium flame.
3. Add masala filled bhindi and sprinkle salt over it. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
4. Reduce flame to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn it 2-3 times in between.
5. After 5 minutes, open the lid and cook over medium flame until bhindi turns dark green, approx. 1-2 minutes.
6. Turn off flame and transfer bhindi to a plate.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium flame.
8. Add cumin seeds. When they begin to sizzle, add crushed ginger-garlic and green chillies; sauté for approx. 30 seconds.
9. Add tomatoes and salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
10. Add shallow fried stuffed bhindi and mix well. Cook for a minute and turn off flame.
11. Transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.