Despite taking the entire weight of the body, our feet are some of the most neglected parts of the body. The heat, tanning and sweating can affect your feet way more than you think. Learn how to take care of your dainty feet in simple ways!
- While using sunscreen lotions, apply a generous amount on the top of your feet and soles too.
- Always wear shoes that fit you correctly. Don’t wear heels for a prolonged time.
- If you are using socks, switch to socks made with more than 70% cotton and change it frequently to avoid bad odour.
- Remember to wash between your toes while washing the feet. Soak your feet in lukewarm water mixed with baking soda for about 15 minutes which will make them clean and smell fresh. Apply vitamin- E oil or use anti-bacterial cream, if you are prone to having infections.
- Use a pumice stone to exfoliate the feet gently while bathing and apply moisturizer. Indulge in a pedicure once in a while. Choose a pumice stone with a handle, infused with fragrances and moisturizing products to double the benefits.Electronic callus remover are also very efficient.
- Scrubbing can be done with a mix of sugar granules and olive oil. Foot masks are also available to rejuvenate and moisturize the feet.
- Massage rollers can be used to improve circulation and help relax the sore feet.
- Trim the nails neat and short and file them.Avoid painting you nails and let them breathe to avoid discoloration.
- Dampness in the feet can also cause infections so dry them completely before putting on shoes.
- Apply aloe vera gel for sun burnt feet. A pack made from cucumber and milk can help remove the tan.
- Foot Fungal Infections:
Soles contain the most number of sweat glands making them more prone for infections especially when one is wandering bare footed on the beach and swimming area. Fungal infections can cause itchy skin, redness and result in peeling away. Avoid touching the peeled off skin and try to keep the feet dry because microbes thrive in damp, humid conditions.