Delicious, crunchy, and nutty peanuts are one of the popular oilseeds known to humankind since centuries. The kernels enriched with many noteworthy health-benefiting nutrients is essential for optimum health and wellness.
Here’s the list of benefits that this super nut offers:
- Regularly consuming a handful of peanuts, preferably without removing their red skin, can prevent heart disease.
- Intake of two teaspoons of peanut butter on a regular basis is a simple and easy home remedy for constipation.
- Peanuts benefits in uplifting the mood and in relieving stress.
- Research studies have shown that peanuts contain high concentrations of polyphenolic antioxidants, primarily p-coumaric acid. This compound has been thought to reduce the risk of stomach cancer by limiting the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines in the stomach.
- The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins and foliate. The nuts are an excellent source of Vitamin E (α -tocopherol); a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant which helps maintain the integrity of mucosa and skin by protecting from harmful oxygen free radicals.
- Boiling of peanuts enhances antioxidant concentration.
- Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol which has a protective function against cancer, heart disease and degenerative nerve disease.
- These nuts are a good source of dietary protein. It helps lower LDL cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
- The nuts are a rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
So what are you waiting for? Go and snack on these highly nutritious nuts!