For the Panna Cotta
3 gelatine leaves
450 ml double cream
200 ml whole milk
100 grams white caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
For the strawberries
400 grams strawberry (cut in halves)
1½ teaspoons corn flour
50 grams white caster sugar
- Put the gelatine leaves in a small bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream, milk and sugar into a pan
- Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add them to the cream mixture. Heat gently until hot.
- Remove the gelatine leaves from the water and them to the hot cream. Stir until dissolved.
- Leave to stand for 20-30 minutes until cooled
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into the serving glasses, and then chill for at least 3 hrs.
- Toss the strawberries with the corn flour and sugar in a saucepan.
- Place over a medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the released juices thicken and the strawberries soften.
- Once completely cooled, top the set Panna Cottas with the strawberry mixture. Chill until ready to serve.