3 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
250 grams mascarpone cheese
1 1/4 cups hot espresso coffee
2 tablespoons of liquor of choice
200 grams lady fingers biscuits
- Beat yolks and sugar in stand mixer on medium high for 12 minutes or until white and thick.
- Add vanilla and mascarpone, beat until just combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl, set aside.
- Clean bowl and whisk. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold 1/3 of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Then gradually fold the remaining yolk mixture in and mix until just combined.
- Mix coffee and liquor together. Quickly dip biscuits in it and line the bottom of an 8 inch square dish.
- Spread over half the cream, then top with another layer of coffee dipped biscuits.
- Spread the remaining cream.
- Cover, refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight
- Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.